Thursday 20 October 2011

Driving in my car listening to the radio


How single instances can stay in the memory to that extent that the situation is remembered in almost every aspect and how they sometimes coincide in an odd way.
First instance I'm driving in my car in the spring of 2000, when all of a sudden there is announced on the radio that Ian Dury has died; I still remember the street, the light and the traffic lights.
Next I'm also driving in my car looking for an unoccupied space on a parking lot, it's almost Christmas, when all of a sudden space and time get irrelevant because again on the radio I get informed that Joe Strummer has died.
The last, but the first one in the row was Salvador Dalí, which occured when I had only just my driving licence and I was taking friends home after school.
Every time my favourite radio station would announce these information as news bulletins, interrupting their programme for it...

No comments:

Post a Comment