Friday 14 October 2011

Artistic Freedom

Years ago incited by Gerhard Theewen I have been trifling with the subject of art forgery and since there is a prominent court case at the moment taking place in Germany, this subject became eminent again...
As I was studying fine arts at an academy at that time my views could and can but be those of an artist and not surprisingly at the time and now I did and do endorse it. Firstly I would feel very flattered if somebody would venture to forge my works. But the really big issue was and is to me the great artistic freedom this would lend me, instead of reproducing the selfsame over and over again to satisfy whatever market there is - and even in the current case only lost and non-extant "unknown" paintings were forged - this would give me time to move ahead to discover unknown territory...












Maybe unrelated, but I really like Michael Franti! And Some more:

No comments:

Post a Comment