Saturday 15 October 2011

The All Together

is a wonderful film and one I nearly missed because of a preposterously wrong, negative review on imdb - note to myself, as far as sense of humour or historic setting in a film is concerned, never ever let yourself be discouraged by the average imdb user, for your sense of humour and your view on the importance of correct historic setting in a film differ too much from their average taste! Back to The All Together, what I really loved about this film was that it makes fun of a lot of phenomena of modern life and culture, not least  of itself, right from the beginning ;D. Some of the issues targeted are the media, especially TV and TV presenters, gangsters, British and American relation and their mutual language, modern art, eg monochrome painting (I myself do monochrome paintings ;)), real estate, French movies, Jehova's witnesses etc, and it not just entertains but it revealingly challenges these matters - maybe it was just me but at one point I was reminded of the abominable Gunther von Hagens and his Körperwelten/ Body Worlds, something that has been bothering me a lot and that I learned to have a laugh at thanks to this movie. Last but not least I truly enjoyed the soundtrack...

No comments:

Post a Comment