Sunday 15 May 2016

Judgemental

 I often wish that people were less judgemental about their fellow human beings, but I guess it's a habit becoming more common.
An alltime low in this respect was when I was working at the library of my children's primary school and in comes this boy. He was about eight years old and constantly commenting on the other children, for example the choice of the books they were reading, saying something like: This book fits you because it has little text in it. So finally I had to turn to the other children asking them if he can't just for once stop this. Here everybody is welcome and everybody may read the book she or he likes and I'm grateful for anybody who actually does read. Sad boy living a sad life.



BTW my first name means "God is my judge", a sentence I've been giving some thought to ever since I found out and it's been quite a while. Maybe it just means that one should leave the judging especially of people as a person to god ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment