Sunday 14 August 2011

What are actors actually thinking while shooting a scene?!

I'm aware of the fact that this sounds highly provocative, but yet it somehow fits in the line of my last few posts. After it has been established by the commentary contained on the official DVD  that in this scene from Sherlock


Benedict Cumberbatch was indeed - as I had been perceiving - very much worried about his tight suit and the vicinity of the swimming pool, I wonder if I'm also right about Martin Freeman's thoughts and what his bodylanguage and facial expressions are telling. My thoughts were the following: So I'm John Watson, Sherlock doesn't have a clue and will be surprised at the possibility that  John may in fact be Moriarty.  John won't let him be in doubt for long though and reveal his true state as the pawn in this lethal game as soon as possible. As soon as the word "heart" gets mentioned by John or rather Moriarty, John realises that everything Sherlock will have to offer is but a McGuffin, the real target is Sherlock and John is his most vulnerable point, so from this point onwards John will look for any opportunity to let Sherlock off this most dangerous hook disregarding his own life...I'm certainly intrigued by this histrionic potency of making my imagination run wild, very well done indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment