Saturday 13 August 2011

The Girl Is Mime and The Magic Flame

One of my - regretfully presumed lost - favourite silent movies is The Magic Flame, it stars Ronald Colman in a double role as  Tito, a circus clown, and Count Cassati, unscrupulous womanizer and heir apparent to the Illyrian throne. Tito accidentally kills Cassati on a row concerning Bianca, an aerial artist, and is forced to assume Cassati's part unless he would have to face a murder charge. Bianca presuming that Cassati has killed Tito sets out to assassinate "Cassati". Check it out on my site and there is also part of the translation of a French novelization here, drop down the "Novelization of Silents" button to be able to read more.









Regarding the short film The Girl Is Mime, I only now after contacting Tim Bunn realise the stunning parallels. For here there is also a mime/clown and a murder involved. Even down to some stills the resemblance is overwhelming. Yet one more reason for me to be absolutely anxious to watch it. Though I have been informed that  I will have to be patient until late 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment