Wednesday 31 August 2011

I'd love to see Martin Freeman in a classical Screwball Comedy - it don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing

Returning again to Swinging with the Finkels and revealing the scene I really loved, which was the one on the bench with the dog interspersed with this silly flashbacks - I was not sure if it was Grunge or the 70s but the wig was very weird. Here I had the idea that Martin was altogether in a different movie, something more romantic or screwball. Now this song came to my mind, which proposes a certainly more interesting aspect of swing(ing) and one that would secure lasting passion. Hope for everybody to be lucky enough to encounter it in real life ;).


PS: There is a difference between sex and eroticism, though spitefully it is not well-observed nowadays.


".........Where I was taught,
of your chaste daughter the wide difference
'Twixt amorous and villanous.........."

No comments:

Post a Comment