Thursday 11 August 2011

OMG Twitter

Sometimes my beloved Christine's reaction "OMG", fits quite brilliantly into my life scheme. So again OMG, now I've joined Twitter and why? Because I'd love to tell the world or whomever that The Girl Is Mime seems to be a quite interesting short. Reasons why: I've always been fond of silent movies and aware of  - I believe it was Lilian Gish's - assertion that silent movie acting was no mime. True, for people in silent movies behave and talk mostly naturally - unless there is slapstick going on - you just cannot hear them. Now I've watched regretfully only the trailer(s) and the making of of a movie that takes a mime as its protagonist, and as a consequence is a silent movie. It should unsettle me but instead it feels like a marvellous idea, because from all the looks of it, mime is presented as mime and yet the central protagonist's emotions are - from the alas to me limited look of it - wonderfully enacted. To me the best actors were always those - mainly trained in silent movies - that could tell you one thing in words and something completely different with their facial expression and body language. I strongly believe that The Girl Is Mime manages to play on exactly this antithesis and this especially with the help of one of the finest British actors. ;)




A follow-up is located here http://das-unmoegliche.blogspot.com/2011/08/girl-is-mime-and-magic-flame.html!

No comments:

Post a Comment