Sunday 16 January 2011

My lovely Karfunkel - Mea Culpa

Which like a jewel hung in ghastly night
Makes black night beauteous ...


Having now read for the felt 100th time that Michael Pennington is an "intellectual" actor, I feel like sternly denying it. At this moment I'm also grateful that not too many people actually read this, so my sense of embarrassment and shame of what I'm about to publicise here, makes me not quit, though I feel a great urge to. I also sincerely hope that Mary has already passed this, or something that comes down to this effect, on to the person originally concerned. Michael Pennington is an actor with a great intellect, which means that at any time he conveys the sense that he perfectly understands every facet of the text he is reciting/ enacting. Like a wonderful jewel, a Karfunkel, in his hands. Yet the content of what is enacted is not a solely  intellectual one at all, but something deeply felt and enlightened/ enlightening.

I'm so infinitely sorry, aber das mußte einmal gesagt werden.

No comments:

Post a Comment