Saturday 29 January 2011

Angenehm enttäuscht - pleasently disappointed

Oh, Maxine, Maxine, a year ago I was so disappointed, enraged, out of my mind, whatever happened to the drawing above I will never know. Was it you or just the Royal Mail, who did not deliver, anyway, it was hard parting  from it from the start, as it was hanging, right here at the desk. For some strange urgent reason it had to go, I had to pass it on - and Mike in his own wonderful, spontaneous rage being my comforting stranger, my wonderful  gardener from Oxfordshire!!! - and now this scan is all I've got left. Yet I got in return more than I've ever expected, a most dear and pleasent glimpse at somebody's heart and it was - almost certainly- worth the loss ;-). Loved it, as it was priceless and definitely unguarded. I'm sorry!!!

The reprise below was and never could be as good, but it gave hope


 
and this accompanied me as the soundtrack

just like this one is doing now


No comments:

Post a Comment