Wednesday 12 January 2011

Kann denn Liebe Sünde sein? - To disprove Jaques - although the correct French spelling would be Jacques!










More yet of Love is My Sin - something to come to terms with that will truly keep me busy for the next weeks. It struck me that the two performers were ageless, though I knew their "real" age being 67 and 80. Jaques' notion of the seven ages of man were completely turned upside down. Natasha Parry was and is a very attractive woman, also physically, what a beautiful face, what  a wonderfully shaped body. And Michael Pennington not only defied Jaques with his appearance but also the flyer of his own one-man show Sweet William, he is hardly heading for second childishness again, oh no, I've seen him there in all three times at once, the past (of which I regretfully know but little, but here virtually all his efforts yet shown), the present and the hopeful future (one might guess what I'm hoping for)!!

BTW there was some scholar bashing going on at the aftershow talk and though I might agree  a lot with it, yet there are some scholars that are rather unusual and deserve a lot of high esteem and hugs for their efforts. To me this is Professor Brian Gibbons, whose seminar and lectures I had the pleasure to attend in Münster!!! Not somebody who gave answers, but somebody who made us think about the possible and impossible, and I loved the way he recited poems, especially one by Beckett. Believe me though there was seemingly little content, a whole frightening, terrible landscape opened up before my eyes, the lecture series was entitled "Landscape and Introspection" !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment