Tuesday 15 November 2016

Shopping vs Drinking


If you are remaining sober and watch others devote themselves to their obsession I'd rather watch people getting drunk than them indulging in shopping for its own sake.

Decennia ago when I and my friends were not yet legally allowed to drink alcohol, some parents nevertheless provided some beer at a party. Since I was not interested I stayed sober and watched the others get pissed. The first thing I noticed were the intervals between my friends asking me to accompany them to the toilet upstairs were getting shorter. And the other hilarious effect the alcohol was having was that some people got pretty emotional. Especially two of them, a boy and his girlfriend, they were having the blues (German: heulendes Elend/ crying misery), constantly crying and confessing their love to each other.

So S.O.B.!


No comments:

Post a Comment