Tuesday 15 November 2016

Depression

As a Rhenish person I surely have no inclination towards depression. Our motto is "Nothing is so bad that it may not be good for something". Yet I remember one instance I caught a definite glimpse of that feeling. A friend of mine made me go into a retail store on its opening day or rather she asked me to accompany her. We had an appointment but there was still some time left. So we went inside.

The place was overcrowded with people, the walls were decorated with mirrors giving the impression that there was an infinte number of goods and then my friend started buying as well. It felt like all the world, at least the part of it visible to me at that moment, was going insane, binge-shopping like there was no tomorrow. Ad nauseam. I felt the urge to scream and run.

No comments:

Post a Comment