Thursday 30 June 2016

You Take What Is Yours And I Take Mine

To please a friend I gave Peter Sloterdijk's speech on Stress and Freedom a try though I knew from the outset that Sloterdijk as always would piss me off because I always get the feeling that he is a mere apologist of the status quo.

At about the same time Arvo Pärt entered my life. Since the thing about Sloterdijk's text that turned me off the most was his concept of freedom I told my friend that my idea of freedom was rather expressed or better encompassed by Arvo Pärt's Magnificat and that it was a kind of freedom that Sloterdijk would never grasp.



Later I realised that this friend of mine was arranging a salon in Berlin with Sloterdijk as a guest, he even invited me, but Berlin is further away than Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam or London ;).

 "The remuneration of the just is included in the effort itself, her/his remuneration can be found in the participation in the divine order, a remuneration of virtue by virtue itself, and, vice versa, to work because of a calling, to work like an artist." - Emmanuel Levinas, Judaism and Revolution

No comments:

Post a Comment