Thursday 30 June 2016

Takes One To Know One

There are a lot of instances where one recognises oneself in other people. It's also hilarious - or rather not - that other people who do not share the same trait misinterpret what they are witnessing. For example for a shy person it's therefore gratifying to meet somebody who instantly on meeting one for the first time perceives this shyness and poses a wonderful and positive paraphrase for what this is, as happened to my daughter. Then learning in the same instance that the person who said this knows because he is, too. In fact before I only had experienced people referring to it as something utterly negative like when I was still a small child and my parents wanted me to talk to somebody I did not know ending with the remark: "You aren't shy, are you?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment