Thursday 19 September 2013

Moments of Sheer Magic



I wonder if I could ever tell too much about this short scene, but it surely incorporates everything I would like to see on whatever screen. Firstly the acting and chemistry is superb, and even if I've expressed the view that Julius Carry - probably by singing - steals the scene, nothing is less true, for there is no good acting without good interacting, and both performances are magnificent. Then the screenwriting is also marvellous in the way it manages to lighten this grave situation, giving the actors scope to play out ambivalent emotions. I do not quite know if I should cry or smile and eventually I will always end up doing both ;). And finally I love the way it reaches far beyond it's actual setting, it makes me grasp the meaning of this song 'Amazing Grace' in an unsurpassed scope.

No comments:

Post a Comment