Sunday 29 January 2012

Is Sherlock omnipotent?

Spoiler alert for anyone who has not yet watched "A Scandal in Belgravia", please do not read on, for there might be some spoilers here.



I must admit that this episode fully fulfilled the high expectations, yet I had my troubles with the last ten minutes, which felt so much like a fairy tale ending; for Sherlock is apparently omnipotent, always being at the right spot if his dearest are in need, and if so he is also benevolently forgiving them all their wrongs/sins, even if they had been abusing his most precious, his intellect. Speaking of which, he might be everywhere indeed, but come once as close as to arousing any emotions in him at all, and he starts to lose hold of his intellectual powers, at least as far as that he gets less cautious.


PS: My husband couldn't help but comment on the numberplate of the car that took Sherlock to the airport, for it almost bore my surname - the pronunciation would be the same but the spelling wrong -, which happens to be not my husband's by the way ;D.

No comments:

Post a Comment