Thursday 9 March 2017

Vregelen

The best example for the meaning of "vregelen" is still what my greatgrandfather did to me. It is actually testing people, seeing how good their particular humour is by deliberately driving them to their limits - and never assume that whoever does is is not very well aware of your attitude. It's something people in my home region are prone to do.

Another example is my daughter's former Dutch teacher who admitted that he really enjoyed travelling to Salt-Lake-City and ordering a beer there. Then he would look around at the reactions of the Mormons present.

"Only cause of love. Love's the only thing that makes me do this."



And oddly this is done, at least when I feel like it, out of a deep concern and love for the person targeted.


No comments:

Post a Comment