Tuesday 7 March 2017

"Und Tschüß" or On a Train Ride to Paris

So one day I went to Paris on the Thalys. Some days before I had watched a movie set in the vastness of Siberia at the end of the 19th century, featuring also a train ride with a motley group of all the different people that once made up the Russian Empire.So I wasn't in the least surprised to have a group as motley as this travelling with me to Paris.

My seatmate was actually a Buddhist monk from Laos, who told me that he was taking a fellow monk to some Buddhist cloister in the USA, and he decided to travel and show his fellow Europe before eventually going to America.

All the while I had noticed a group a French speaking people who were talking about their experiences in Germany and especially that the Germans liked to say "Und Tschüß." when saying good-bye. When we reached Paris and started deboarding, this group noticed me and the monks. They addressed me and wanted to know what the "Tibetan" monks were doing here. I answered that they were Lao. And when they inquired about my nationality I answered: "I'm German und Tschüß"...

Oh what fun we had!



No comments:

Post a Comment