Saturday 16 April 2011

"Sie bluten komplementär"








"You are bleeding complementarily" was a wonderful remark I once earned at the academy's Rundgang. For indeed I was...


As I was reading some of Edmund Husserl's writings, a Polish cinematographer had some completely different recollections, as he commented that he had known people who after reading Husserl would look the same. Then he took some shots, I wonder if it was ever shown on Polish TV :-)

Another man, who was apparently a little bit too much under the impression of this strange happening, commented rather nervously and seemingly ill at ease that at least  nobody was doing anything with real blood. Well I regretfully had to unsettle him  a little bit more by informing him that during the previous summer I had taken part in a project called Outpost, where small cards could be collected at various locations within the city of Münster and the matching cards could be purchased. My contribution  had been to  pass on cards that actually contained some tiny drops of my own blood preserved in some iodine and the matching card would read "Sanguis"...Nay, let her languish a drop of blood a day; and being aged, die of this folly!

No comments:

Post a Comment