Tuesday 14 February 2012

"Herz-Schmerz-Eichhörnchen" and else also Herz-Schmerz on the weekend...

On Friday night my husband and me went on an outing to Aachen to attend a concert of The Miserable Rich at the Raststätte in Aachen. Though our lovely daughter Debora, now living there, was to join us, this spitefully did not happen... Still like last November in Duisburg a wonderful live performance by a bunch of great musicians and a wonderful audience. What will remain as special memories about this one for me apart from the performance is the ice-cold almost freezing red wine - "I'm sorry for it, but we store the bottles outside" (at the time -7 degrees C ;)), but never mind so I drank three glasses and the effect only revealing itself very slightly. The cold coffee, the remains of the band, my husband was treated to for free, and of course the expression "Herz-Schmerz-Eichhörnchen", relating to the following song and video, though it all takes a rather graphic turn - something to do with the fact that the animator had split up shortly before ;). And the rather awkward pronunciation of "Kater" after so many German words with "ch" - Aachen-Herz-Schmerz-Eichhörnchen ;)!


The second take on Herz-Schmerz, heartache, was left to Saturday evening when I treated us to watch the final episode of Sherlock season 2, The Reichenbach Fall (notice even there a lot of "ch" and since Johann Sebastian Bach also featured, as Grimm and Hänsel und Gretel, a lot of German stuff indeed). Spoilers ahead so if you have not yet watched it and intent to do so, please do not read on...

I must admit that I've been sort of warned because of the hysteria this episode evoked on the internet - even before it had been broadcast, kindled by several people. Yet somehow funnily though I often can hardly hold back my tears during emotional, or better even sentimental scenes, this one did not provoke so many tears like for example the scene in Nightwatching where Mijnheer van Rijn realises that inspite of his art he cannot revive Saskia. What  nevertheless made it special is its great humour, its being so hilariously old-fashioned (eg when it makes the viewer believe that in a chase featuring car(s) and pedestrians, the pedestrian is able to win). The revelation that Moriarity is more as the criminal mastermind is also a great illusionist, taking on this way down the illusion that the world can be destroyed by a superweapon or a superkey (in fact I despise all the movies where the least thing the hero has to do is to save the world, big, bigger, biggest, megabig). And then of course there remained "The Final Problem", which turned out to be: "What shall I do, sacrifice my life or sacrifice the lives of the people I love?" Yet indeed it was not even that simple because to sacrifice my life would also mean to make the life of the one person, who really loves me, quite miserable. And the answer is not yet worked out - a perfect fix indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment