Tuesday 20 November 2018

Considerate






















Wenn Du vor mir stehst und mich ansiehst, was weißt Du von den Schmerzen, die in mir sind und was weiß ich von Deinen. Und wenn ich mich vor Dir niederwerfen würde und weinen und erzählen, was wüßtest Du von mir mehr als von der Hölle, wenn Dir jemand erzählt, sie ist heiß und fürchterlich. Schon darum sollten wir Menschen voreinander so ehrfürchtig, so nachdenklich, so liebend stehn wie vor dem Eingang zur Hölle. - Franz Kafka, Brief an Oskar Pollak, 8.11.1903

When you stand in front of me and look at me, what do you know of the pain inside of me or I of yours. And if I would throw myself down in front of you and would cry and narrate, what more would you know of me than of hell, if somebody were to tell you, it is hot and terrible. At least therefore we human beings should stand in front of each other as reverent, as thoughtful, as loving as at the gates of Hell. Franz Kafka, letter to Oskar Pollak, November 8th, 1903

No comments:

Post a Comment