Tuesday 16 December 2014

Vanwege "Tuin"

Though I can perfectly well tell the advantages of owning a smartphone or a mobile, I belief I will refrain from doing so a little bit longer.

The main reason is that knowing myself far too well I fear I will get addicted to this constant possibility of communication. Apart from walking like a zombie, it would also stop me from living my life, living the present. I would not hear the word "tuin" when passing some people in Chichester. I would not realise that they are Dutch tourists looking for the entrance to the beautiful Bishop's Garden. An entrance rather hard to find because one has to step through a gate that does not look like a passage at all. I would not turn to them and give them direction. We would have missed so much of the present...

No comments:

Post a Comment