Wednesday 2 October 2013

Everything You Always Wanted To Know About Abstract Art

but were afraid to ask



Barnett Newman here really gives a brilliant insight and idea of what abstract art may be able to achieve. Ever since my first encounter - and I deliberately use this term, because for me it was like encountering a person, something or someone I could not avoid due to the sheer presence - the same sensation of meeting someone has remained intact. For Newman's paintings this has turned out to be a blessing and a curse. A blessing, when, like it happened to me, total strangers meet in front of them and all of a sudden start exchanging there deepest emotions and thoughts. A curse, when there are people who cannot take this and rather would apply a knife to the painting than open up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment