Tuesday 6 March 2018

Misapprehension


My reply to somebody who was convinced that Edward de Vere wrote Shakespeare's plays:
Well, then good luck to you! You see, I'm very interested in phenomenology and this whole matter is very intriguing if viewed as a phenomenon rather than as a hunt for whatever strange "truth", I personally prefer fact. Like in reader-response criticism this issue tells more about those people, who raise it, than of any fact. For we can never really know and who cares any way?! It be a thoroughly laughable farce, if not somehow the view is sustained that only excellent people - and here are meant those excelling by birth (and education) - can produce excellence. If I'd use a nice term I would label it elitist. (a not so nice term would be chauvinist)

No comments:

Post a Comment