Friday 2 March 2018

Cling To

What's "normal" nowadays anyway?! And how is this affecting the sense of humour?!

Once Moritz, a Belgian exchange student, was staying in my family; and on a certain evening he went to a restaurant and a disco  with his fellow students while my daughter had to stay at home to learn for a test. When he returned he had the nerve to ask me if my daughter had had dinner at home. I looked quite sharply into her direction and replied: "Who her? - No!" I've never experienced somebody looking so sorry at somebody else since. There was real concern for my daughter in Moritz' eyes. And then we both, my daughter and me, started to laugh. It actually used to be so common that parents feed there children that Jesus referenced this - "If your children ask for a loaf of bread, do you give them a stone instead?" - Who could actually tell nowadays. Probably something that people would discuss seriously.


No comments:

Post a Comment