Friday 22 April 2016

I'm Gonna Eat You Alive I

The actual incentive for me to go and watch this movie was this look taken from this teaser.



Usually I'm not a fan of movies based on comic books and even moreso if they feature something like A vs B. It always feels like people drawing from several established franchises urging all fans to find out who will win. I'd rather say "win" than "kill" because no franchise ever wants to terminate its existence by being killed.
And then there was this look and it caught my imagination: What the hell is happening there? Why this relentless look of "I'm gonna eat you alive", especially in this situation?! Kudos to Ben Affleck for this depiction. I definitely wanted to find out, though the first part of the the teaser also suggested to me that it must be unreal, nightmarish  because I could not figure out Superman turning into a kind of fascist semi-god worshipped unconditionally by those kneeling when he passes. Something I admit that turned me down a little bit because firstly: How would this fit in? and secondly: Is the emotion depicted by this look for real? Will there be a legit explanation or is it just some goodlooking aberration serving nothing but its own purpose? Mmmhh I took a chance and followed my first impression and it turned out more than fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment