Thursday 27 October 2016

"Christian Wolff"

Basically I'm only guessing at what complex a movie The Accountant is, though the story in itself isn't that complicated, but something I begin to see quite clearly is that some, a lot of (?) people do not see that "Christian Wolff" is a tragic character, apparently to some it feels like: "Wow, he is great in maths, he's a martial arts master, he's a great shot, he's a hero." Whereas I felt that he wanted to be anything but this, there is a hole in his life, there is a longing he cannot satisfy and it's in this one sentence: "I have trouble socializing with people...but I want to." And this pause, tells it all and the second part is of course the important part. If he felt fine with his incapility, there would be no tragedy. And his longing is also the reason why - I suppose - he loves Jackson Pollock.


No comments:

Post a Comment